Thanks for stopping by to check out our work
Cavanagh Photography was founded in 2008 by husband and wife team Adam & Kim. During that time we have had the privilege of capturing well over 500 weddings all over Australia and in some stunning international locations.
Adam is the primary photographer and photo editor while Kim runs business side of things, incuding client correspondence, accounting etc.
We have two little girls, Zoe & Phoebe and a dog named Beau :)
We are both originally from Sydney and that is where we started out with Cavanagh Photography. Then a few years ago we relocated an hour or so north to the Central Coast NSW. The change has agreed with us, we are loving the beautiful surroundings and laid back lifestyle of the Central Coast.
One of the great things about the move is that we are now closer to one of our favourite wedding (and wine) regions, the Hunter Valley. As well as lots of lovely Central Coast and Newcastle wedding venues, while still being able to head to Sydney for the occasional wedding.
Adam & Kim
I love photography, art, music & theatre… and my gorgeous little family and puppy ;)I come from an Arts background with a lot of my college and uni days performing & studying theatre. Since then, photography has become my artistic outlet.
- Was born in Sydney Australia, but has lived in Melbourne and Perth.
- Is Eurasian (Singapore/Irish) but has been mistaken for American Indian, Mexican, Eskimo, Spanish, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Filipino and many other small asian nations.
- Cavanagh is an Irish name and our logo is based around the Cavanagh Family Crest.
- Studied musical theatre at WAAPA (Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts).
- Used to be a headbanger in high school, with the long hair and clothes to match. Now listens to pretty much everything, from Rock to Pop.
Kim handles all bookings & accounts and all client correspondence. So when you enquire with us, you will be talking and emailing Kim.
- Has visited 25 countries, but with 195 countries in the world… there is still a lot to visit.
- Loves a good chic flick.
- Has bungy jumped in New Zealand and wants to skydive. Definitely not afraid of heights unless it’s a high bridge… very weird.
- Is a qualified chef who now just cooks for fun.
- Doesn’t like the cold but wants to have a white Christmas just once.BeauBeau is our little dog. He is a Spoodle (Cocker Spaniel & Poodle mix).Quick Facts- Beau LOOOOOVES people and will lick you to death.- he is very photogenic and features in far too many photos on our walls.- has his humans very well trained.- loves daily visits to the beach or the park.- believes a very rare steak should accompany every meal.
Beau is our little dog. He is a Spoodle (Cocker Spaniel & Poodle mix).
- Beau LOOOOOVES people and will lick you to death.
- He is very photogenic and features in far too many photos on our walls.
- Has his humans very well trained.
- Loves daily visits to the beach or the park.
- Believes a very rare steak should accompany every meal.
Recent Major Achievements
I have won over fifty international wedding photography awards… but the truth is that any wedding photographer can win an award if they enter enough competitions and pay enough money. I have decided not to enter any award competitions anymore. I don’t feel the need to seek recognition from the organisers of these competitions. You have to pay to enter these awards, they are expensive and I feel it’s just a money-making exercise with little actual benefit to photographers.
AIPP NSW Silver Award – “Wedding Open” 2017
AIPP NSW – Finalist NSW Wedding Photographer of the Year 2014
AIPP APPA – Silver Award – “Wedding Open” 2013
AIPP NSW – 1 x Silver with Distinction Award, 2 x Silver Awards – Wedding 2013
AIPP APPA – 2 x Silver Awards “Wedding Open” 2012
AIPP APPA – Silver with Distinction Award – “Wedding Open” 2011
AIPP APPA – 2 x Silver Awards “Wedding Open” 2011
AIPP NSW – 1 x Silver with Distinction Award, 3 x Silver Awards – Wedding 2011
International Aperture Awards – 3 x Silver Medal, 1 x Bronze Medals “Wedding Category¨ 2010
WPPI International – Accolade of Excellence “Wedding division” International Photography comp 2010
California, USAAIPP APPA – Silver with Distinction Award – “Wedding Open” 2010
AIPP APPA – 2 x Silver Awards “Wedding Open” 2010
AIPP NSW – Silver Award – Wedding 2010
International Aperture Awards – 1 x Silver Medal, 4 x Bronze Medals “Wedding Category¨ 2009
WPPI International – 3rd place “Wedding division” 8×10 comp 2009 California, USA
AIPP APPA – Silver Award “Wedding Open” 2009
WPPI International – 4 x Accolade of Excellence “Wedding Division” 8×10 comp 2009 California, USA
AIPP NSW – Gold Award – Wedding 2009
WPPI International – Accolade of Excellence “Wedding Division” 16×20 comp 2009 Las Vegas, USA
Professional Photographer Magazine UK – Wedding category – Short-listed Professional Photographer of the Year 2008
WIPM Awards Highest Scoring Print ¨Wedding Category¨ 2008
WIPM Awards Silver Merit with Distinction ¨Wedding Category¨ 2008
WIPM Awards 2 x Silver Merit ¨Wedding Category¨ 2008
WIPM Awards Bronze Merit ¨Portrait Category¨ 2008
International Aperture Awards – 3 x Bronze Medals “Wedding Category¨ 2008
International Aperture Awards – Bronze Medal ¨Portrait Category” 2008
Publications & Magazine Features
- Wedshed Feature – Chloe & Will Wedding at Adams Peak Country Estate
- Ivory Tribe Feature – Cassie & Jarred at Alice Springs
- Eloping Feature – Charity & Peta’s Boho Elopement
- Rock N Roll Bride Feature – Tara & Matthew Halloween Elopement
- Easy Weddings Feature – Yvonne & Craig Wolgan Wedding
- Polka Dot Wedding – Angela & Thibaud Hunter Valley Wedding
- Easy Weddings Feature – Ebony & Jared and Fur-Child
- Eloping Feature – Beth & Damien Hunter Valley Elopement
- Love Hard Honey Feature – Nataly & Rachael
- Polka Dot Wedding – Alicja & Matt Southern Highlands
We were also very proud to have our photo from Abbey & Ben’s Hunter Valley wedding, featured on the cover of ‘Your Hunter Valley Wedding Planner’ magazine :)
Sunshine Coast Brides Magazine – Real Wedding Feature
Bride To Be Magazine – Real Wedding Feature